As you know the Government has set out strict guidelines for the entire hospitality sector. This includes Lava as an Esports centre. Therefore, to keep to the Government’s rules and protect your safety we have devised a set of rules to follow. We hope to see as many as possible of you back with us.
The Lava Esports Team
NHS Covid-19 App
By law you must provide details of where and when you have been to a public place in order to restrict the outbreak of Covid-19.
Leaving your details just got easier.
1. Download the NHS COVID-19 APP from either the App Store or Google Play.
2. Enter your details
3. Scan our QR code on our front door to sign. It automatically leaves your details.
A much simpler method of leaving your details.
Click here for more information on how to download the app and how they store your data. https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/nhs-covid-19/
- A reduced number of 18 PCs will be available.
- Do not leave your seat unless you require the toilet or are leaving
- Guests – book online, arrive at your set time, and use any PC, use the access code you received via email.
- Members – if you would like to arrange a time please email us providing your membership number here and we will get back to you.
- Please be aware that we are required to provide your full name, email and phone number to the NHS Track and Trace service should they require it.
- Do not queue outside, please book with us if we are full
- A notice will be shown on the door if we are full
- Please stay 2 meters away from each other at all times
- Order food from the application on your PC and a member of staff will deliver it. Please leave all rubbish to be collected when you leave by a staff member or place it in a nearby bin.
- Please use the one-way walking route around the centre to reduce contact with others
- Ordering takeaways into Lava is no longer allowed under these guidelines.
- If you show symptoms of Coronavirus while at Lava you must leave immediately, return home and notify us by email.
- Once at home you must book a test from the NHS https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
- Do not come to Lava or any other public place if you have symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Please do not visit the centre if you have had the virus or have had symptoms without testing in the previous 14 days.
- Please make yourself aware of the symptoms of Coronavirus (fever, cough, loss or change of taste or sense of smell) as set out by the NHS https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- Customers should use the available hand sanitiser provided at the PC and sanitise hands before, during and after gaming.
- Customers should sneeze or cough into tissues and dispose of them in the nearest bin
- If there are no tissues available, it is recommended that you cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Please wear a mask at all times. We will provide you with one if you don’t have one.
- Customers should keep to the one person in the toilet/washroom area at a time rule. If you see someone in the hand washing area you should wait until they have left.
- Customers must queue in the designated marking spaces.
- If you see one toilet door is locked, please wait until the person using it has come out, has finished washing their hands and left the washroom area. Once they have left you may enter.
- You must wash your hands thoroughly with liquid soap and water https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGJNspLRdrc
- You must dry your hands thoroughly with disposable towels and throw them into the bin found in the washroom.
- We provide anti-bacterial wipes for you to use should you require them.
- We disinfect all parts of gaming areas which come into contact with gamers after each gamer has finished. See below.
- Toilets are now cleaned more frequently.
- Bins can be found at regular intervals around the centre to dispose of rubbish
- All touch points around the centre are regularly disinfected, including; door handles, keyboards, mice, computer desk areas, light switches, gaming chairs, computer tower power buttons, faucets, toilet flushers, staff work areas, kitchen areas, toilets and washroom and toilet facilities.
- The main entrance doors will remain open at all times.
- The ventilation system will be used all day.
- The main washroom door will remain open at all times. Toilet doors will remain open when not in use.
- Face masks must be worn at all times
Should customers not adhere to these rules then no service shall be provided.
Police and the local authority will have the powers to remove, provide fixed penalty notices or apply further action to anyone who persists in avoiding these guidelines.
For more information on Coronavirus, please visit the following websites;
World Health Organisation https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus#tab=tab_1
UK Government https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus