Last amended; 16/11/20
Lava may amend the policy at certain times so please check back regularly to ensure you consent with the policy.
Forms of data collected
Lava may ask for the following forms of data;
- For users using the equipment – ensuring who to contact should equipment become damaged; name, address, email, phone number
- For users playing age restricted games – as above plus the user’s date of birth.
- For those wishing to sign up for a membership; name, address, email, phone number, date of birth.
What purpose is your information used for?
The information you provide enables us to offer a better choice of games for our users based on games played, a safer environment to play in for younger gamers and to understand the cause of any damage which may arise.
We are committed to the protection of the above data by using the strongest forms of security available. We do this by operating computerised, physical and company codes of practice to secure our user’s data.
All card transactions are carried out through secure transactions.
How you can control your data
You may also ask for complete removal of all of your customer information.
At no point will we sell your information to third parties without prior permission.
Under the Data Protection Act of 2018 you are permitted to see the entire set of data we hold relating to you. For a hard copy please write to our postal address. If you believe for any reason that any information we hold about you is incomplete or incorrect, please notify us by email or post at our address. We will not hesitate to remediate the identified error.
How long do we hold your Information for?
We hold client data for a maximum of one year after your last visit or membership expiry or before this length should the user wish.
How we destroy your information
Upon request or at the end of the membership period Lava will delete all records from our electronic databases and destroy all physical information ensuring personal data is no longer legible.
Links to independent websites
Our website may contain links to other websites, independent of Lava, which may be deemed of use to you. Once you have transferred to the independent website Lava therefore ceases responsibility for any information you may provide. Please read the privacy statements of the website in question before committing your data.
1) What data do we collect? We collect your email address for your subscription to our newsletters. This is required to send out your newsletter on a monthly basis.
2) Why do we need your email address? We require your email address to send your monthly newsletter and to also identify each subscriber.
3) What information do we send in our newsletters? Our newsletters provide readers with information on; the latest news from Lava, news about tournaments and competitions.
4) What services do we offer? Lava Esports is a PC gaming centre allowing gamers to enjoy top of the range gaming equipment whilst playing the most popular and latest games. We also offer both online and in centre gaming tournaments to create fun and fair competition for gamers to compete in. Throughout the pandemic we are creating online tournaments for gamers to take part in to alleviate boredom.
5) Method of delivery. Newsletters are delivered once a month to those who are subscribed to our mailing list.
7) How we capture your data. Subscribers can currently subscribe by signing up to FREE Esports competitions on Lava’s website.
9) Withdrawal of consent. You may withdraw your consent to subscribe to and receive newsletters at any point. You can either do this automatically by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each newsletter. Or you may email us directly to withdraw your consent. Please include the email you use to subscribe. We will remove it manually at the earliest opportunity and send you a confirmation email.
11) About our company and our services. Lava Esports is a PC gaming centre allowing gamers to enjoy top of the range gaming equipment whilst playing the most popular and latest games. We also offer both online and in centre gaming tournaments to create fun and fair competition for gamers to compete in. Throughout the pandemic we are creating online tournaments for gamers to take part in to alleviate boredom.
Users of this website may choose whether or not to provide browsing information by clicking their consent to cookies in the pop up box.
Data used to gauge the usage of the website obtained by accessing IP address data. This is a unique identifier which identifies information about your device’s usage of the website.
Please view our web developer’s policy on cookie use click here