These terms and conditions govern the use of Lava’s facilities and equipment by the users. By making payment to use the facilities and equipment you hereby agree to the terms and conditions as outlined below.
Last updated 11/05/21
General Rights of use
- Anyone causing any sort of damage to Lava’s equipment or property or any of our customer’s property shall be deemed liable for the immediate repair, reimbursement or replacement of the item in question.
- Lava holds the right to restrict or suspend any user’s account who are found to be accessing content where the customer is below the age restriction of a game.
- Lava reserves the right to remove anyone from the premises who displays any kind of anti-social behaviour. Anti-social behaviour includes (but not limited to); misuse or damage to equipment or property, abuse of staff or other members, foul language or the use of drugs or alcohol within the premises.
- Lava may refuse access, without reimbursement, if a customer has been found to create disorder which may endanger the safety of staff, other users and equipment.
- At times, some areas may be restricted for the use of age restricted gaming. This is in order to avoid exposure of age-restricted content to younger users.
On arriving at Lava you agree to;
- Inform a member of staff to any medical condition you may have such as allergies, epilepsy or any other condition.
- Not play any title for which you are under-age and do not have a parental consent form for.
- Not to show any age restricted content to anyone under-age and does not have a parental consent form.
- Report any inappropriate usage or damage caused by yourself or others (accidentally or purposefully) to a member of staff as soon as possible.
- Not to access any prohibited (non-user) technical settings on the machines. These settings include (but not limited to); downloads/uploads, operating settings, browser settings.
- Adhere to the Coronavirus policies set out by Lava. Anyone who does not adhere to these shall be removed without refund
Upon Arrival (Making a booking)
- You must state the number of players accompanying your booking, the duration of your session (hours).
- Should there be space(s) available a user will be provided a cost per hour per player.
- Cost per hour may change dependent on the customer’s guest or membership level.
- Users should provide the following information; name, address, email, phone number during their first visit or online payment. This is to ensure if equipment has been damaged during a time slot the user can be contacted.
- For those wishing to access age restricted content, proof of age will be required. This can be in the form of; passport, driver’s licence or local authority ID.
- Users under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Payment must be paid before embarking on accessing gaming. Payment shall be in the form of cash or card.
- Online orders will be processed and game time or membership PC gaming access will be provided within 1 hour (during opening hour) of the online payment being provided. At busy times this may be longer. Gamers should inform a member of staff if their access is not granted after 1 hour, this does not constitute a breach of terms by Lava Esports.
- Parents or guardians of their children aged between 18-13 must make Lava aware that they are the legitimate contacts of their children in case of emergency. Parents or guardians must provide their contact details in the ‘order notes’ of the online payment section to prove they are the legitimate contacts should Lava or the parents or guardians require to get in touch.
- Your personal information is required to identify which user is accessing which piece of equipment at a particular time in order to identify who may be responsible for damage.
- Personal information is also required to restrict under age usage of age restricted content and to provide newsletters who opt to sign up.
- Under no circumstances will Lava share this data with third parties.
- Membership shall be paid for at the main cashier counter. Personal information such as; name, address, email, phone and date of birth shall be provided.
- Membership will cease as of when the customer’s membership credit has been exhausted.
- A fee of £5 shall be paid if the membership card is lost and is to be replaced. A copy of ID would be required when replacing the new membership card.
- Members shall not provide membership cards for use for other members and non-members. In this instance, the card shall be confiscated without reimbursement.
- ‘Membership’ credit will remain indefinitely until used up.
- ‘Guest’ credit will remain indefinitely until a customer activates this by logging on to a PC for the first time. In this case, the customer will have 14 days to consume the credit in full. After 14 days any remaining credit is lost. No refunds shall be provided.
Gamers’ Video Uploads
- Lava Esports reserves the right to own the video clip once the link is delivered by email. Users may still request Lava Esports whether they would like these to be made public.
- Lava Esports gives full credit to the successful clip provider and endeavour to publicise the channels the gamer has provided. Lava Esports also provides a description of the video the successful clip provider has provided.
- Free gaming sessions of one hour are provided per successful submission of a gamer’s video clip for use on Lava Esport’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and video sharing website (YouTube). Additional uses of the gamer’s video on the above social media and video sharing website does not constitute additional free gaming sessions.
- Gamers shall be notified of successful videos via the email address provided. When claiming their free game time, gamers should quote their name and email address at the front desk.
- The free game credit may be used within 14 days of activation.
- Lava Esports reserves the right to withdraw the scheme at anytime and withdraw offers of free game time at any point. Gamers who activate their free game time will be allowed to keep this.
Three Hour Free Coupon
- Users must be subscribed to the official Lava Esports newsletter.
- This coupon may not be used in conjunction with any other.
- Once the game time is activated in the centre, the customer has 14 days before the credit expires.
- Lava Esports maintains the right to cancel this offer at any point without prior notice.
- Coupons must be claimed by the 19th of May 2021.
- This offer is dependant on available centre capacity.
- This offer is only available for customers adhering to centre policies. Any customer who does not adhere to the policies will be removed from the centre without refund.
- It is at the discretion of Lava to amend these terms and condition at any particular moment. However, any such amendment shall be posted on this website under the terms and conditions page with the date amended visible.
- There is no guarantee a user shall be able to access gaming content at their desired time and date should Lava be at full capacity without prior booking. Lava shall not be liable for a user’s loss of earnings or profit should this situation occur.
- Lava holds no responsibility for any of the content provided on external links found on this website. It shall also not be responsible for any loss of earnings or damage to any device should any harm derive from these links.
- Lava is not responsible for the loss of earnings or damage to devices should your device be inflicted by a virus or any other form of technological attack whilst using the facilities at Lava.
- These terms are to be interpreted as English law.